Invitation to Bid - Provide Rail Service Operations
Provide Rail Service Operations
About Harrison County Development Commission
The Harrison County Development Commission is the lead economic development agency for Harrison County, Mississippi and provides growth opportunities for new companies, expanding companies and entrepreneurs by delivering high quality services and sites to local, regional, national and international businesses. Harrison County is centrally located on the Gulf of Mexico and Interstate 10 corridor, between Louisiana and Alabama; the coastal region has a strong, diversified economy with an extensive range of amenities.
Seeking a specialized, experienced company to operate short line rail service for the Harrison County Development Commission. Please respond in detail with a business plan to accomplish the items below.
- Manage, operate and maintain the line
- Maximize economic impact to the County
- Market appropriately to both existing and new businesses
- Identify new development opportunities
All phases are mutually interchangeable. Rank in order of importance then provide potential business opportunities for each phase.
- Phase 1: Seaway
- Phase 2: North Harrison County Industrial Complex
- Firm history, qualifications, legal business status, representative(s) contact information
- State in which firm incorporated or in the individual domiciled
- Financial capability and financial contribution as an offset to operating concession
- Experience working with Kansas City Southern Railway Company and CSX
- Maintenance and Marketing plans
- Provide copy of insurance
- Unique characteristics or differentiators that sets your company apart
- Fee structure for public-private partnership
- Cost breakdown based on your analysis of the Commission’s situation
- Lease drafts with terms and or other operating agreements you would propose
Contact for Additional Information or Questions - Bill Lavers, Executive Director
228-896-5020 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submittal Deadline due no later than Wednesday, December 16th, 2020 @ 10:00 a.m. CST to Marcia Crawford, email: email@example.com
Bids will be publicly opened and recorded at 9:00 a.m. CST, Thursday December 17th, 2020.
This is an invitation to provide services. All information submitted by each entity will be held in confidence. The final decision rest on the full approval of the Harrison County Development Commission and the Harrison County Board of Supervisors. The Development Commission reserves the right at any time to not award a bid and or select a provider based on the totality of the proposal.
Bids may be held by the Owner for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days from the date of the opening of bids for the purpose of reviewing the bids and investigating the qualifications of Bidders, prior to awarding of the Contract.