Removal and Transportation of Sludge
Sealed bids must be received by Friday, December 3, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (CST).
Sealed bids must be submitted by mail or in-person (Harrison County Development Commission, 12281 Intraplex Parkway, Gulfport, MS 39503) or electronically via email to email@example.com.
All interested Bidders should contact Gia Blackwell, HCDC Project Manager, at 228-896-5020 to register to receive any, if necessary, unforeseen amendments to this Invitation to Bid during the bidding process.
Bids are scheduled to be opened the following day after last day of bid acceptance per the Mississippi Procurement Law. Winning Bidder will be notified of award after review and approval by the Commission.
Additional contract requirements and specifications, if any, will be made available for inspection at the HCDC office or by calling 228-896-5020.
The Commission reserves the right to reject any and all non-compliant bids.
- This contract shall be for the removal of dried municipal sewer sludge from the Long Beach Industrial Park (LBIP) to the Waste Management Pecan Grove Landfill & Recycling Center.
- Sludge can be moved by hand or mechanical means and if determined to be too damp to haul to the landfill for disposal, shall be stored under a designated adjacent building until it is ready to be moved.
- Any excess excavation into the sludge bed filter material shall be refilled from the adjoining sand storage and graded smooth.
- There shall be no tracking into the sludge beds except on the concrete runners installed for that purpose.
- Sludge hauled shall be measured by the cubic yard.
- Certificates of Liability, Workers' Comp., Vehicle Liability and Contractor's Certificate of Responsibility must be included with each submitted bid. Note: All aforementioned certificates must be presented to HCDC each contractual year, prior to expiration.
- Material Purchase Certificate (MPC) must be provided to HCDC if project is applicable.